Friday, May 21, 2010

Have we learnt anything from Sex and the City?

I am sure you are just as excited as I am about the release of the new Sex and the City 2 movie. If you haven't seen the trailer yet, just click here
This series has been a part of my life in my late teens, early twenties. Tuesday night was reserved for SATC. 


But there are people who don't like SATC as much as most of us do. Read this. Seriously this female writer really hates Carrie Bradshaw. I admit she does have a few valid points. But then again, it is just TV - not reality. Well, of course I want to be a successful writer living in East Village in NYC, I want to own thousands of expensive high heels, I want to have the confidence to pull off those Carrie Bradshaw outfits.
And here - apparently there is more we can blame on SATC. 


While I am sipping on my vodka & cranberry (surely this does count as a Cosmo?), I realised that I learnt a few things from SATC too:


1. It is the most important thing to have great friends.
2. Cosmopolitans are a great drink.
3. Even if you are thin, successful and confident you can get screwed over by men.
4. Don't get a chemical peeling like Samantha did.
5. Always apply sun screen and Q10 creme on my hands - I don't want to end up having hands like this.


I can't wait to put my heels on and go to the cinema with my cosmo next week.

2 comments:

  1. can anyone tell me why carrie is holding those glasses in that pic??

    ReplyDelete
  2. Probably it is fashionable. We will find out when we see the movie, I guess.

    ReplyDelete