Friday, May 21, 2010

Glossy Survival Kit for a life in humidity

How do I still look gorgeous without the annoying sweat film on my forehead when living a city with a minimum of 80% humidity every day? These great products are my beauty essentials:


1. Sun screen - this is the most important part. Because I don't want to apply zillions of different cremes in the morning, I use a moisturizer with SPF 25. I swear by Clinique's Superdefense SPF 25


2. I have switched from a liquid foundation to a powder foundation. I use Mac Studio Fix Foundation and I love it. It makes my skin look more even and flawless. Occasionally I would use MAC studio moisture tint SPF 15 as a base under the Studio Fix Foundation. It gives me a little bit more colour.


3. I have also switched to a powder blush. Now I am using Mac Powder Blush in the nude pink sheer tone "Tenderling", it gives me the right blush without looking too "flushed".

4. I also fell in love with Kevin Murphy's Hair Resort. Now I wash my hair almost daily. Daily styling with hair drier, straighting iron or curler would damage my hair too much. With Hair Resort I avoid all the heated styling and it is so easy to use. Just apply on dry hair, scrunch it in the hair, and voila - messy, beachy hair look done. Thanks to the recommendation by my hair dresser, Kat, I almost feel up for a competition with Serena van der Woodsen.

5. You can also find in my hand bag "Dove Go Fresh Body Mist Energizing "Grapefruit & Lemongrass". It has a cooling effect and smells so fresh, great for freshing up after a little walk to the shops.

6. Last but not least, always have a bottle of water with you in your hand bag.

No comments:

Post a Comment