Wednesday, June 23, 2010

After a detox week...

... I feel better. I feel healthier, have more energy, I am more conscious again on what I put in my mouth and yes, I feel lighter. But I don't do a detox for weight loss. It would be silly of me to think that a detox will lead to long term to weight loss. That's a myth.


So how did I go? Well, given that I am not working at the moment, also did not have uni last week and the hubby was out of town, it was actually pretty easy. I enjoyed the fruit salads, soups, salads, fresh juices. One night  But you know that feeling when you know you can't have it, you want it even more. That's how I felt on the 4th day about a piece of dark chocolate - but I stayed strong and had an orange instead. 


Well that was the food part of my detox but there was also the other part: the "colon hydro cleansing". Fancy name when you consider what it actually is involved. 
Half way through my first session, I was thinking: "Why the hell am I doing this?" And then I remembered all these articles I read and the benefits.


Colon hydro cleansing promise to effectively remove the toxic waste that is lodged in the wall of the colon. Some of the waste can be up to 10 to 15 years old. Colon hydro cleansing promise to make sure that the digestive system function optimally and auto intoxication is reduced. Colon hydro cleansing helps to reduce bloating, constipation, indigestions, skin problems and the list goes on. 


The first session was very awkward and exhausting and yes, very strange. I mean who likes to have a tube up the bum and watch his/her own poo coming out? Sorry to be so blunt but that's what happens. The staff at Hydro Health was really nice and made even funny jokes like "It will just feel like doing a good sh!t". 


I had in total 4 sessions last week and will go back when I am back from all the great trips I have coming up (I write about it tomorrow). They recommend to do session of 4 to 5 in a row to ensure that all the waste built up in the colon is gone and then have one session about 4 to 6 weeks for maintenance.


Do I feel a difference now? I definitely do not get so bloated the whole time, I feel lighter and my skin is better. I also feel good that I have done something for health. 
If you want to know more about colonic hydro cleansing, you read here and here.


Oh, and I did not have a coffee in almost 2 weeks now and don't miss it. I did have a couple of glasses of red wine on the weekend which I didn't enjoy and gave me a headach. Not sure whether it was a bad red wine or my body responding to some "bad". 

No comments:

Post a Comment