Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Getting old = looking older?

Lately I have noticed a few fine lines around my eyes, on my forehead and also some of the laugh lines around my mouth are getting deeper. I was so shocked when I spotted them and I shouted a big and angry "What the hell? How did that happen?" at myself in the mirror. And then it hit me - I am getting bloody older. Yes, this is the sad truth. I am telling you I don't like the fact that I can tell by looking at my face that I am getting older. So far, I don't have any issues of getting older in terms of the number of the candles on my birthday cake. (In fact, I love cake a lot, oh sorry that is beside the point.) It is just a number, right? Maybe ask me again when the number of the candles will be 30. 


So the number may not be an issue, I don't like wrinkles and fine lines - that's an issue. Anyone who says that she or he does not have any problem with ageing and getting wrinkles, I think you are lying. Or maybe can I have some of your secret mantra? I read the other day that Julia Roberts doesn't do Botox (good on you, girl) because she thinks "your face tells the story of your life". Her statement sounds very charming and philosophical. Hang on, on a second thought, does this mean if you have a lot of wrinkles and lines, you had a bloody hard life whereas no wrinkles and no saggy skin mean you cruised easily through your life? Maybe we should look at Ms Paris Hilton and see if she has any wrinkles. Her life must be easy, right? Oh I forget those arrests and jail time. 


So after the shocking realisation that my skin is my ageing, I jumped in a depressed state of mind on the net and researched some anti-ageing products. I figured I can still prevent a more severe damage and I found it. I raced to the nearest Sephora and bought Estee Lauder's serums Advanced Night Repair Synchronized Recovery Complex for the face and eyes. It promises to deliver a "continuously repair the appearance of past damage, prevent future damage and deliver high levels of hydration". Exactly what I wanted and also needed. 


I can happily say - I am loving this stuff. I only have been using it for 3 weeks so far and it smoothened out some of the lines I detected recently. These two little serums are a great addition to my Clinique 3 step skin care plus their Superdefense Moisturizer and Super Rescue Antioxidant night creme. 


I have a slightly better feeling about these lines now but still I don't like ageing. Do you?








No comments:

Post a Comment